Thursday, March 26, 2009

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010 is here!!!! YAY YAY YAY!

And the best part about it is that I can finally talk about it. I've been BETA testing the software for some time now and the curtain has finally been lifted and I can share in my excitement!!!

FIRST THINGS FIRST... I want to tell you about my TWO favorite things... In order...

The Field to Finish tools ROCK, to put it mildly, NO MORE NASTY FIELDBOOK FILES (.fbk) I'd like you all to give a warm welcome to a new tool in the Survey Database know as "Linework Code Sets". What these nifty little babies will allow you to do is code your point descriptions so that you can begin, end, draw curves and so on within your point file. YOU CAN FINALLY DOUBLE, TRIPLE, SHOOT... QUADRUPLE your point codes and your linework will come through the ASCII file, HIP HIP HOORAY!!!! What this means for all of you Surveyors out there is that AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010 is FINALLY a viable tool... wait, it's now an AWESOME tool!!!

And I would like to give MANY kudos to the second runner up in my list of EXCITING new tools inside of 2010... Drum roll please... INTERSECTION DESIGN WIZARD!!! Yay!!! This makes designing intersections MUCH MUCH MUCH more streamlined!

Please stay tuned for some fun "How-To" guides once I get the BETA software off and the full version installed.

Cheers!!!